How can we maintain and improve the quality of life of people in a growing global community and at the same time conserve resources and protect the environment? Together with excellent research institutions and innovative companies, we want to make new ways of recycling and reusing raw materials possible and discuss them together in the Science Year 2020/21 – Bioeconomy. "Is this innovation - or can it go away? Why waste needs ideas" - this exaggerated topic is the focus of the online event "Karliczek. Impulse." on July 20th, 2020, starting at 4 p.m.
Professor Dr.-Ing. Martin Kranert, professor at the faculty and head of the Chair of Waste Management and Emissions at the Institute for Sanitary Engineering, Water Quality and Solid Waste Management (ISWA) at the University of Stuttgart, will participate in the discussion on the current state of bio-economic research, the promotion of innovative methods in recycling management and social impulses in the field of waste treatment and sustainability.
Participants of the discussion round:
- Anja Karliczek MdB, Federal Minister of Education and Research
- Jun.-Prof. Dr. Sina Leipold, Professorship for Social Transformation and Environmental Services, Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
- Prof. Dr. Martin Kranert, head of the Chair of Waste Management and Emission, Institute for Sanitary Engineering, Water Quality and Solid Waste Management (ISWA), University of Stuttgart
- Ralph Hohenschurz-Schmidt, managing director, Abfallwirtschaft Rendsburg-Eckernförde GmbH and AWR BioEnergie GmbH
- Andrea Thilo, moderation
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Kranert, Institute for Sanitary Engineering, Water Quality and Solid Waste Management (ISWA), Bandtäle 2, D-70569 Stuttgart, +49 711 685-65500, email@example.com