Deanery and contact persons
All institute at a glance
Priorities and cluster activities
Teaching content and organisation
Application system for researchers
Faculty 2 in brief
- 14 institutes
- 24 professorships and 2 junior professorships
- More than 300 scientists and researcher
- Over 400 employees in total
- Nearly 2.000 students (ca. 47% Bachelor and 53% Master)
- 4 combinations of Bachelor's and Master's degree programs taught in German
- 3 Master's programs taught in Englisch (about 175 students)
- 3 extra-occupational Master's programs (about 120 students)
- Participation in the two clusters of excellence of the university
- Participation in 5 Collaborative Research Centres (SFB) of the University, including speaker for the SFB 1313 – "Interface-Driven Multi-Field Processes in Porous Media – Flow, Transport and Deformation"
- Speaker for the International Research Training Group GRK 2198 "Soft Tissue Robotics"
- Speaker of the first ERC Synergy Grant of the University "Urbisphere - coupling dynamic cities and climate"
- Coordinator for the Priority Program SPP 2311 "Robust coupling of continuum biomechanical in-silico models for active biological systems as a preliminary stage of clinical applications – co-design of modelling, numerics and usability"